DUOMED soft compression stockings - daily wear for gentle care. Graduated compression elastic hosiery in compliance with British Standard (BS 6612:1985).
- FEATURES: British compression standard, latex free.
- DESIGN: Duomed Soft stockings contain polyamide threads, making them light to wear, comfortable and breathable whilst providing therapeutic levels of compression.
- RECOMMENDED CONDITIONS: Primary and secondary varicosis, insufficiency of communicating veins, thrombophlebitis (superficial) and after resolved phlebitis.
- WASHING INSTRUCTIONS: Machine washable at 40°C delicate setting, Tumble dry at low setting, Do not leave to dry on radiator or in direct sunlight.
Notes & tips: Silicone is an inert substance and therefore will not cause an allergic reaction. In some cases irritation may occur but this is caused by the skins properties - mainly the products used on the skin (skin care products), heat (perspiration) and hygiene or a combination of all 3 things.
Top tips to combat any irritation is
- Do not use emollients directly where the silicone topband is going to sit
- Change the topband position throughout the day (only a slight move is necessary) - this allows any perspiration beneath the silicone to dry
- Clean the topband with damp cloth (no soap) in order to remove any washing powder or fabric softener - the residue of these products can cause an allergic reaction