Effective compression therapy for the treatment of leg ulcer for up to 24 hours a day
Compression therapy is an important part of the treatment for venous leg ulcers. Guidelines recommend the use of ulcer stocking systems in new, small wounds with little to no exudate. The mediven ulcer kit provides continuous, effective compression around the clock and is easy to put on due to its two components. (1)
The white liner stocking mediven ulcer will not only help to keep wound dressings in place, with 20 mmHg compression pressure it can be worn for up to 24 hours and offers therapeutically effective therapy even at night.(2, 3) Its soft material with antibacterial effect ensures a comfort when wearing and helps the donning process of the outer stocking - it simply glides over the liner stocking.(4)
During the day, when the wearer is most active, the outer stocking mediven ulcer plus is worn on top of the mediven ulcer liner increases the compression on the leg to the recommended 40mmHg.(5)
The mediven ulcer kit is supplied with 2 ulcer liners (20mmHg) and 1 mediven ulcer plus (20mmHg) The caramel-coloured and opaque outer stocking also offers a refined appearance.
(1) Harding K et al. Simplifying venous leg ulcer management. Consensus recommendations. Wounds International 2015.
(2) Partsch H. Compression stockings for treating venous leg ulcers: measurement of interface pressure under a new ulcer kit, Phlebology 2008;23(1):40–46.
(3) Wolff O et al. The effect of compression ulcer stockings on the capillary filtration rate and the formation of oedema. Phlebologie 2011;5:245-250.
(4) Tickle J. Managing venous leg ulcers and oedema using compression hosiery. Nursing Standard 2015;30(8):57-63.
(5) Franks P et al. Management of Patients with Venous Leg Ulcer: Challenges and Current Best Practice , J Wound Care 2016;25 Suppl (6):1-67.
NEW liner stocking mediven® ulcer
• Therapeutically effective compression with 20 mmHg during the night. (2, 3)
• Flat topband will stay in place without constriction
• Soft material with antibacterial effect for pleasant wearing comfort and easy donning
• Sewn-in instep area allows for optimum fit and reduces wrinkling when foot is bent
• Special heel construction offers optimum pressure relief and colour marking for easy positioning
• mediven ulcer should be changed daily due to hygienic reasons - two liner stockings included as standard
• Suitable for washing machine (hot cycle up to 95°C) and dryer
Outer stocking mediven® ulcer plus
• Additional compression of 20 mmHg during the day.
• Wide topband ensures optimum wearing comfort
• Medium material strength for comfortable yet effective working pressure
• Comfortable plus-heel and reinforced foot sole for good durability
• Available as closed or open toe
• Suitable for washing machine (delicate wash cycle 40°C) and dryer
• Already offers effective therapy overnight
• Fullfills the EWMA requirements regarding therapeutical necessary pressure (40 mmHg) (5)
• Easy donning – liner stocking material makes application of outer stocking easier (4)
• Antibacterial, odour-reducing effect of the liner stocking allows for optimum hygiene
• Refined appearance
• High wall stability thanks to double layer
• Pleasant wearing comfort whilst good durability
Circular-knit compression stocking system used for compression of the lower extremities, primarily in the treatment of disorders of the venous system.